Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sleepless Nights

The last few days have been very difficult for me.  I have been experiencing many dystonic seizures, especially at night.  They've been quite painful, and I have not been able to get much sleep.  I don't know if I just need my meds adjusted or if it is due to something transient.  Sometimes, for me at least, I go through these phases that play themselves out after a few days.  Unfortunately, it is a catch-22-esque ordeal since I am more exhausted from not getting enough sleep which makes it more difficult to combat the dystonia.  If these do not pass in a few days, I will attempt to make a doctor's appointment. I do not like the neurologist that works out of my clinic's office.  He does not specialize in dystonia and even told me the last time I saw him that he did not know anything about it.  Reassuring, huh?

I have also added the link for the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation to my blog in the event anyone would like additional information concerning the various forms & manifestations of dystonia.



No comments:

Post a Comment