Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Bad Sunday

This past Sunday was a rough one for me.  The night before I slept little, if any at all, because of the pain in my legs and arms.  I finally got up early in the morning to try to get something accomplished before going to church.  I usually try to start some laundry, exercise, clean, or (possibly) do some grading.  I had started one load of laundry when I suddenly had a severe dystonic storm along the right side of my body.  The spasms literally ran from head to toe.  It pulled the muscles in my neck so hard that I felt something "pop".  Then, it affected my tongue.  I hurt so bad.  I couldn't speak.  At first, I thought I was having a stroke, but then I thought that if I were having a stroke I would not be cognizant enough to think I was having a stroke--possibly too much of a philosophical debate to be having at that time!  I was able to take additional doses of my medicine and lie down pretty much the entire day.  I was afraid I still wouldn't be able to speak by the next afternoon when I would need to be able to for work, but (thank God!) I could speak better by the following morning.  My neck was sore for a couple of days.

Follow this hyperlink for warning signs of a possible stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment