Sunday, February 19, 2012

So Thankful....

My Mom called me from the scene of an accident last night.  They were in their van on the way to one of my brothers' soccer game when a speeding truck crossed the center line and hit them head on.  They were all wearing their seatbelts and the airbags deployed.  The driver's door came in and punctured my Dad's back.  He had a bad cut on his arm and was bleeding profusely from his head.  He had to be lifelined to the hospital and had lost a lot of blood.  Three brothers, a family friend, and my Mom were taken by ambulances to the hospital, too.  My Mom is bruised up and her hand was cut.  Two of my brothers were cut up, and a third has an injured spleen.  The family friend had to have his eyelid sewn and has a "hole" (as my Mom puts it) in his cheekbone.  None of the injuries are life-threatening.  It was so difficult being so far away from them all (since this happened in Missouri), but prayer is powerful.  Of this, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment