Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shimano SPD Pedals Suck!

I installed the pedals I have been anticipating for some time, looking forward to riding on the open road snugly clipped in to my bike.  I should have paid more attention to the mixed reviews on amazon.com...even on the LOWEST tension setting, the setting which should be the easiest to disengage from, I could not remove my feet from either pedal.  I had to crash, bruising my hip, shoulder, and arm while re-injuring my right hand.  My bruises were NASTY!  It ended up ripping out the clips from my left shoe (which are STILL stuck in the pedal), and I had to unscrew the right show from the pedal after I had removed the shoe from my foot.

Moral of this story...pay attention to the reviews...don't just assume that the reviewers are all novices.

No comments:

Post a Comment