Friday, June 7, 2013

How much will a spoke affect aerodynamics?

While switching out my pedals on my road cycle, one of my bladed spokes broke.  I also noticed that--most likely due to the accident last month on FL 60 between Bartow and Mulberry--my back tire was rubbing against the bike frame.  I've ridden hundreds of miles since then without realizing that I could have had a blow out on the freeway in Timbuktu!  I took my back wheel in for repairs.  Unfortunately, the bike repair shop just called to tell me that they do not have any bladed spokes in stock (only the regular spokes) and that if I wanted it repaired in a timely fashion I would have to settle for the normal spoke.  They said that it wouldn't really affect my riding except that it will cut down on my aerodynamics.  I am hoping that it will not affect the riding too much.  I'm anxious to get back out on the road.  My on/off-road bike, the one I ride around town some, is so much more difficult to control than the road bike.  I can't wait to get my bike back up in working order to hit the road once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment